Services For NYC Residents During Remote Learning
City Resources – The city has put together a list of resources that include access to free food, rent and housing support, counseling support and other services. Please take a look at it and take advantage of whatever services you can get a hold of.
Free Food – There are a variety of locations providing free food around the city. Below are links to places where you can get free food.
- NYC Public Schools offer three meals to everyone who stops by any location from 7:30 am to 1:30 pm, Monday through Friday. You do not have to go to your school. Please go to your closest school. https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-life/food/free-meals
- Find a food pantry near you: Food Bank NYC is giving out free meals, groceries and SNAP support all over the city. To find nutrition support near you, visit the website »
- Find food help in Spanish: Check out an interactive map in Spanish of "comida gratis" (free food) around New York City. See the map online »
- NYC food hub: The Covid-19 food hub for NYC is continuously gathering information about free groceries and meals around the city as well as about financial help for restaurant workers. Check it out »
NYC Well – This is the central location for NYC talk, text and chat for mental health help. Please do not feel shy to reach out. These services are completely free and with a private counselor. Sometimes being strong means being willing to ask for help.
- If you are experiencing domestic violence call 911 during an emergency. Additionally, to speak with a counselor, you can call the NYC Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Hotline at 800-621-4673 or 866-604-5350 if you are hearing impared.
- If you are at risk of becoming homeless during the coronavirus crisis, call 311 or visitwww1.nyc.gov/site/hra/help/homebase.page.
Queens Public Library
- The Queens Public Library allows you to get an eCard online and has made tons of ebooks, eaudio-books, magazines, movies and music available. Please take advantage of this resource. Please Google the public library in your borough if you live outside of Queens.
- Visit labor.ny.gov/unemploymentassistance.shtmto apply for unemployment benefits.
- Additionally, you can call 888-469-7365 Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., or Saturday from 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Open City Schools for Students of Emergency Workers and Free Wifi
- To learn more about the Regional Enrichment Centers, visit schools.nyc.gov/enrollment/enrollment-help/regional-enrichment-centers.
- Free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi is available to households with K-12 students and college students who do not already have a Spectrum subscription. Installation fees will be waived. Call 844-488-8395 to enroll.
Dear Parents, and Guardians,
The Parent Association invites you to their next meeting on Thursday, November 18, 2021, via zoom.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 853 5204 3502
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,85352043502#,,,,*050679# US (New York)
+13017158592,,85352043502#,,,,*050679# US (Washington DC)
Dial by your location
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 853 5204 3502
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kCiMHQKRR
Queridos padres y guardianes,
La Asociación de Padres lo invita a su próxima reunión el jueves 18 de noviembre de 2021, a través de zoom.
Unirse a la reunión de Zoom https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85352043502?pwd=MUNWa0d1U251M1doNzFNbFRRNWp4dz09
ID de la reunión: 853 5204 3502 Código de acceso: 050679 Móvil con un toque + 16465588656`` 85352043502 # ,,,, * 050679 # US (Nueva York)
+ 13017158592`` 85352043502 # ,,,, * 050679 # EE. UU. (Washington DC)
Marque por su ubicación +1646558 8656 EE. UU. (Nueva York)
+1301715 8592 EE. UU. (Washington DC)
+1312626 6799 EE. UU. (Chicago)
+1669900 9128 EE. UU. (San José)
+1253215 8782 EE. UU. (Tacoma)
+ 1346248 7799 EE. UU. (Houston)
ID de la reunión: 853 5204 3502 Código de acceso: 050679 Encuentre su número local: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kCiMHQKRR