Aviation High School Partners!
Friday, December 8, 2023
- BOYS VARSITY BASKETBALL
- Today, the team plays LIC High School in the gym at 4:30pm. Come and support the Flyers!
- GIRLS VARSITY BASKETBALL
- Congratulations to the Girls Varsity basketball team for defeating Queens High School of Teaching 45-39. The team was led by Amanda Rosario scoring 19 points and Valerie Garcia scoring 13 points. Go Flyers!!!
- BOYS AND GIRLS INDOOR TRACK
- Today is the Boys AND Girls indoor track meet. Participants will meet at the main entrance at 12:45pm.
- SATURDAY SCHOOL
- Mr. Fuentes’ Aircraft Cleaning & Corrosion class is canceled for this Saturday, 12/9/23.
- Everyone else must be there by 7:30am.
- ATTENTION ALL STUDENTS! We have iPads for any student who does not have a device. Please visit room 135 and see Ms. Cordero or Ms. Toto to get one.
- SENIORS – Hoodies! Make a design and submit it through the form on your counselor’s page, or use the QR codes on the flyers. The willer will get a free hoodie!!
- COMPUTER TECH & E-SPORTS CLUBS
- The Computer Tech Club will be hosting a Super Smash Bros Game Night in collaboration with the E-Sports Club. It will be held on Friday, December 15th, on the 5th floor, from 4:15 – 7:00 pm. Snacks will be sold and the entry fee is $3.00 for causal, and $5.00 for competitive bracket (competing for prize money).
- DEBATE CLUB
- Attention Debate Club members! Debate Club will now be meeting on Fridays, after 9th period, in room 515. Please come to today’s meeting!
- TOYS FOR TOTS
- Calling all students and teachers! Let’s give in the holiday spirit! Contribute to the Toys for Tots Foundation. Bring gently used toys for those in need to the drop off box located near the security desk's Christmas tree.
- SUNNYSIDE ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Sunnyside Community Services is hosting the Create Club. Come and make your own T-shirts, tote bags, mugs, hats and more! Meetings will be every Thursday in room 336 from 3:30 to 6:00 PM. Please stop by the sunset office in room 104 for more information.
Please follow us on Instagram @av_activities. All of the upcoming events, happenings, teams and club information will be found there.
An Introduction to Aviation High School - An FAA Certified CTE Aircraft Maintenance High School
2023 CNN Video Highlighting Aviation High School!
Click on the Image or Link Below to Watch a 2023 CNN Feature on Aviation High School!
Workshop for Families with IEP's
Workshop Topic: Family Engagement in FBA/BIP Process
Wednesday, December 13, 2023 | 11:30 am - 1 pm | English | Virtual
In this workshop, families will learn:
- The definitions and purpose of both a Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA) and Behavior Intervention Plan (BIP)
- How the FBA and BIP should begin and the process
- Who is on the committee that creates each process and the timeline
- The role of parents, families, and caregivers as part of the BIP teams
Parent Association Meeting Via Zoom at 6:30pm3-
Parent Association Meeting Via Zoom at 6:30pm
The link below is for October through June Parent Association Meetings:
Meeting ID: 92072836475
One tap mobile
+12133388477,,92072836475#,,,,*453036# US (Los Angeles)
+12532158782,,92072836475#,,,,*453036# US (Tacoma)
Dial by your location
- +1 213 338 8477 US (Los Angeles)
- +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
- +1 267 831 0333 US (Philadelphia)
- +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
- +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
- +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
- +1 470 250 9358 US (Atlanta)
- +1 470 381 2552 US (Atlanta)
- +1 602 753 0140 US (Phoenix)
- +1 646 518 9805 US (New York)
- +1 651 372 8299 US (Minnesota)
- +1 669 219 2599 US (San Jose)
- +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
- +1 720 928 9299 US (Denver)
- +1 786 635 1003 US (Miami)
- +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
- +1 971 247 1195 US (Portland)
- +1 206 337 9723 US (Seattle)
Last Day of Hanukkah
Last Day of Hanukkah
December 7th - 15thParent Coordinator
Below is the SLT Meeting Zoom link for visitors. Visitors may join the meeting, but can only ask questions at the end of the meeting if there is time available.
Meeting ID: 979 8014 1961
Passcode: 602693Aviation High School - Long Island City, New York
Virtual Via Zoom
General Parent Association Meeting
The Parent Association (PA) meeting will be held on monthly on the 3rd Thursday of every Month
This is a great opportunity to learn about what's happening at your child's school, meet other parents, and get involved in the school community.
At the meeting, you will hear from the PA president about the organization's goals and upcoming events. Get updates from your school's administration. You will also have the chance to meet with your child's teacher and learn more about what's happening in the classroom.
In addition, there will be time for questions and answers, and you will have the opportunity to share your ideas and suggestions with the PA.
We hope to see you there!
Here are some of the topics that may be discussed at the PA meeting:
- Upcoming school events and fundraisers
- School policies and procedures
- Curriculum updates
- Student progress and achievement
- Parent involvement opportunities
- Questions and answers
Free Pilot Ground School!
Thinking about becoming a pilot? Joby Aviation is offering free remote, online ground school for everyone!
Classes begin as early as Monday, October 16 (It's okay if you missed the first class)
Sports Calendar & Medical Form
754,000 Aviation Technician Jobs Through 2038!
The latest Boeing Pilot & Technician Outlook projects that 769,000 new maintenance technicians will be needed to fly and maintain the world fleet over the next 20 years. The forecast is inclusive of the commercial aviation, business aviation, and civil helicopter industries, and is up from last year's 20-year forecast of 754,000. Projected demand in North America is 193,000, up 2% from last year.
NY1 Story: Annex Students Visit LaGuardia Airport
Students from our 5th Year Annex program visit LaGuardia Airport on Thursday, March 9, 2017! Watch the NY1 report on the visit!
CNBC Story Features Aviation Graduates
NPR Profiles Aviation High School's JFK Annex!
Deep Inside New York's JFK Airport, There's A High School
"New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport is among the busiest in the country: More than 1,000 flights touch down and take off each day. More than 50 million passengers hurry through its gates each year.
But something else is happening too.
Not far from the waxed floors of the terminals and the automated voice proclaiming the end of the moving walkway, there's a school. And a classroom that has six wheels, two wings, and a tail. It is a Boeing 727, parked on the tarmac near the hangars and warehouses..."
Read the rest of the article here!
FAA Aircraft Handbooks and Manuals
use the link below to access useful Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) aircraft handbooks and manuals for your aviation maintenance courses.
Aviation High School Online Learning Environment & Resources for Students, Parents and Staff!
Check the Site Regularly for Updates!
Our School Community! Follow Us on Social Media!
Grading Policy 2023 - 2024
FAA Written Exam Testing Info!
"No student shall, on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, disability, or age be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits, or otherwise be subject to unlawful discrimination under any Career and Technical Education program or activity."
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Name: Dr. Michael Koumoullos, Assistant Principal of Pupil Personnel Services
Address: 45-30 36th Street, Long Island City, NY 11101
Telephone Number: (718) 361-2032, extension 1351
Read the Department of Education's Non-Discrimination Policy Here.
Statement on Accessibility: We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance.