Joby Aviation and Aviation High School Announce Partnership on December 5, 2022 - Watch the Report on NY1!
On December 5, 2022, New York City Schools Chancellor David Banks, City Council Member Julie Won, Deputy Borough President Ebony Young, School, and Joby Aviation Staff Announce Partnership! Watch the NY1 report by clicking on the link below! Visit our social media pages for more pictures!
Senior Activities Meeting
We will hold a Senior Activities meeting for senior students on December 7th. Please review the information below for the details.
Aviation High School Partners!
Link for Required School Food Form
Did you receive a call/email about completing a required form? Click here for the form.
Get help whenever you need it.
NYC Well is a confidential service provided by the City of New York that offers support 24/7. They offer support for both adults and children. Do not hesitate to reach out. You could be saving a life. Click on the image or link below for more information.
Make your senior year memorable!
The first step is paying senior dues. Senior Dues cover the following:
- Yearbook and Sitting Fee
- Rental of Chairs and Stage for Graduation in Aviation H. S. hangar
- Printing of Invitations and Program
- Decoration of Hangar
- Senior Group Picture or other gift
- Diploma Case
- Senior Festival - fun filled afternoon with music, food, dessert and friends!
- Click here for full details: Senior Dues Letter 2023.pdf
2022-2023 Parent Association Meetings
Please join our monthly Parent Association Meetings. Below is a list of all the upcoming PA meetings throughout the year.
|Thursday- December 15, 2022|
|Thursday- January 19, 2023|
|Thursday- February 16, 2023|
|Thursday- March 16, 2023|
|Thursday- April 20, 2023|
|Thursday- May 18, 2023|
|Tuesday- June 13, 2023|
You could join using this link below!
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 936 0197 9779
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,93601979779#,,,,*715351# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 646 931 3860 US
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 309 205 3325 US
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 386 347 5053 US
+1 564 217 2000 US
+1 669 444 9171 US
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 719 359 4580 US
Meeting ID: 936 0197 9779
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/adEYn8spaz
DOE Devices for Everyone!
Do you have a DOE device that you can bring to the building? Please come to room 135 at the end of your school day to pick one up!
Instructions to (powerwash) Reset Chromebook
Single Point Sign in for students: https://teachhub.schools.nyc
Click here to upload your vaccine documentation: https://vaccine.schools.nyc/
Click here for Google Classroom: http://classroom.google.com
Click here for Gmail: http://mail.google.com
COLLEGE AND CAREER UPDATES
Parent Association Donation & Volunteer form
NYCstudents.net Account Password Reset Options
Resetting Your Password
There are three different ways you can reset your DOE password:
1. Reset it yourself through the Student Self-Service tool.
To use the Student Self-Service(Open external link) tool you must have created a PIN or set up security questions. If you have not done either, see options 2 and 3. Through this method, you can reset your own password once every 30 days.
2. Ask your parent or guardian to reset it through NYCSA.
3. Request a reset from us.
Complete this form and a staff member will email you a new password. Please be patient as this is a manual operation.
Daily Announcements and Updates
Monday, December 5, 2022
- WORLD CUP
- The 2022 World Cup has just begun the Rounds of 16!! Yesterday the Netherlands beat the USA 3-1! Argentina beat Australia 2-1! France beat Poland 3-1! England beat Senegal 3-0!!
- GIRLS VARSITY BASKETBALL
- Congratulations to the Girls varsity Basketball team for defeating Frank Sinatra 44-28. The team was led by Angelene Miniano with 18 points and Amanda Rosario with 17 points. GO FLYERS!!
- The AV wrestling team came home with 6 medals from the Cardozo Invitational Wrestling Tournament. The wrestling team was led by Aiden Ally and Jimmy Balencia who both finished with gold. Amir Kovazoda and Gabriel Marques also chipped in with silver. Scoring stopped during the tournament, but AV is projected to win the first tournament of the year.
- Yesterday, the boys ran their second meet of the season at the Jim McKay games. Freshman Koji Tatakita came 5th in the 1000 meter with a time of 3 minutes 27 seconds, Freshman Jonas Moran came 4th in the 300 meter dash with a time of 41.54 seconds, and Senior Sergio Torres came 5th in the 12 pound shot putt throwing 34 feet!
- Attention! The path you are on to becoming the future of aviation just got easier. Introducing SkillsUSA’s Aviation Maintenance Competition, TOPGUN. We’re giving YOU a chance to compete against other teams and test your skills. Enter in teams of 3. The entry fee will be $30.00 and prizes will be awarded. All grades are welcome to compete. Whether you are already passionate about aviation, or open to new opportunities, TOPGUN is the place to kickstart your endeavor. Speak with Mr. Dookie in the hangar for more information.
- There is now a TOYS FOR TOTS box next to the security desk. If you have any toys that you’d like to donate to children in need, please feel free to drop them off in the box.
- PODCAST CLUB
- Podcast Club will meet Friday after 9th period in room 537.
- PRISM will meet today during 10th period in Room 149.
- Join PRISM for our screening of “Shrek 2” on Wednesday, December 14th at 4:15PM in the auditorium. Tickets will be sold during select lunch periods or from Ms. Donohue in Room 135.
- COLLEGE ESSAY TUTORING
- College essay tutoring is available today, Dec 5th, from 3:00 – 5:30 in the College Office.
- COLLEGE NOW
- The College Now Spring semester applications are now open. Check your counselors’ pages for more information.
**Please follow the student organization on Instagram @av_activities.
CNBC Story Features Aviation Graduates
Grading Policy 2022 - 2023
FAA Written Exam Testing Info!
Sports Calendar & Medical Form
754,000 Aviation Technician Jobs Through 2038!
The latest Boeing Pilot & Technician Outlook projects that 769,000 new maintenance technicians will be needed to fly and maintain the world fleet over the next 20 years. The forecast is inclusive of the commercial aviation, business aviation, and civil helicopter industries, and is up from last year's 20-year forecast of 754,000. Projected demand in North America is 193,000, up 2% from last year.
Aviation is Back!
Aviation Studios - "Riptide" JFK Terminal 4 Performance!
On Saturday, December 11, 2021, Aviation High School's music club and band performed a set of holiday and pop songs in the departure area of JFK International Airport's Terminal 4! Watch their performance of Vance Joy's "Riptide" below!
Need help? Ask your counselor and READ THIS!
READ THIS FIRST! FAQ From Principal Jackson - Updated! Return to 2020 - Student and Family FAQ Updated September 30 2020.pdf
Problem with your classes? Contact your counselor! Click here to be taken to the list of counselors.
Aviation Studios - "Beat It" JFK Terminal 4 Performance!
On Saturday, December 11, 2021, Aviation High School's music club and band performed a set of holiday and pop songs in the departure area of JFK International Airport's Terminal 4! Watch their performance of Michael Jackson's "Beat It" below!
Aviation High School Online Learning Environment & Resources for Students, Parents and Staff!
Check the Site Regularly for Updates!
Alumni in the News!
Alumnus, Jessica Duke, talks about her work experience at Pratt & Whitney. Click here (or the image) to read the interview!
Our School Community! Follow Us on Social Media!
NPR Profiles Aviation High School's JFK Annex!
Deep Inside New York's JFK Airport, There's A High School
"New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport is among the busiest in the country: More than 1,000 flights touch down and take off each day. More than 50 million passengers hurry through its gates each year.
But something else is happening too.
Not far from the waxed floors of the terminals and the automated voice proclaiming the end of the moving walkway, there's a school. And a classroom that has six wheels, two wings, and a tail. It is a Boeing 727, parked on the tarmac near the hangars and warehouses..."
Read the rest of the article here!
FAA Aircraft Handbooks and Manuals
use the link below to access useful Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) aircraft handbooks and manuals for your aviation maintenance courses.
NY1 Story: Annex Students Visit LaGuardia Airport
Students from our 5th Year Annex program visit LaGuardia Airport on Thursday, March 9, 2017! Watch the NY1 report on the visit!
"No student shall, on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, disability, or age be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits, or otherwise be subject to unlawful discrimination under any Career and Technical Education program or activity."
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Name: Dr. Michael Koumoullos, Assistant Principal of Pupil Personnel Services
Address: 45-30 36th Street, Long Island City, NY 11101
Telephone Number: (718) 361-2032, extension 1351
Read the Department of Education's Non-Discrimination Policy Here.
Statement on Accessibility: We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact email@example.com to request assistance.