An Introduction to Aviation High School - An FAA Certified CTE Aircraft Maintenance High School
Aviation High School Partners!
Breakfast With The Principal
School Surveys - 2023
Hello, Aviation High School Community Please use the link below to complete your school survey for this year.
We greatly appreciate your response!
Students: Please enter your OSIS number.
Families: Please enter a lowercase f followed by your student's OSIS number-- for example, f123456789-- or the access code provided to you by your child's program.
Click here to access surveys for this school year
Make your senior year memorable!
Click here for the details regarding senior activities, senior trip and graduation related activities: graduation meeting presentation 2023.pdf
The first step is paying senior dues. Senior Dues cover the following:
- Yearbook and Sitting Fee
- Rental of Chairs and Stage for Graduation in Aviation H. S. hangar
- Printing of Invitations and Program
- Decoration of Hangar
- Senior Group Picture or other gift
- Diploma Case
- Senior Festival - fun filled afternoon with music, food, dessert and friends!
- Click here for full details: Senior Dues Letter 2023.pdf
Register for Career Day
Get help whenever you need it.
NYC Well is a confidential service provided by the City of New York that offers support 24/7. They offer support for both adults and children. Do not hesitate to reach out. You could be saving a life. Click on the image or link below for more information.
Joby Aviation and Aviation High School Announce Partnership on December 5, 2022 - Watch the Report on NY1!
On December 5, 2022, New York City Schools Chancellor David Banks, City Council Member Julie Won, Deputy Borough President Ebony Young, School, and Joby Aviation Staff Announce Partnership! Watch the NY1 report by clicking on the link below! Visit our social media pages for more pictures!
Read the Joby Aviation Press Release - https://www.jobyaviation.com/news/joby-partners-with-aviation-high-school/
Wednesday, March 29, 2023
This month is Women’s History Month, a time to celebrate and honor the contributions and accomplishments of women throughout history. Today we celebrate Margaret Hamilton, an engineer who led the team who programmed the code that allowed the Apollo 11 spacecraft to land safely on the Moon’s surface. Minutes before touchdown, the computer started spitting out error messages. The mission was in danger. Luckily, Margaret had set up the computer to focus on the main task and ignore everything else. So instead of aborting the mission, Apollo 11 landed safely on the Moon.
- CONGRATULATIONS to the Aviation Golf Team for their win against Long Island City High School with a score of 3-1. The top 3 players were Shemaiah Hur, Adrian Trimino and Andrew Kim
- VARSITY TENNIS
- CONGRATULATIONS to the Varsity Tennis Team for defeating Grover Cleveland High School 3-2. The team was led by Ilya, Hardy, Anthony and Jack! GO FLYERS!
- JV BASEBALL
- The JV Baseball team is still looking for players. If you have any interest in playing baseball, please see Coach Browne in room 308 during 1st, 2nd & 3rd periods.
- PEGASUS HONOR SOCIETY
- Pegasus Honor Society will meet today.
- JFK RUNWAY RUN
- Attention Flyers!! Join our team at the JFK Runway Run, this year on Sunday, April 30th. Friends and family are welcome! Adults and students pay $20.00. All proceeds will go to “General Needs”, a nonprofit for Veterans. Let’s stay healthy together. Any questions, see Ms. Mafla.
- SENIOR HOODIES
- Friday is the last chance to order senior hoodies. Come to room 147 to place an order or you can order on the counselors’ Google Classroom page!!
- SCHOOL TRIPS
- Seats are filling up for Six Flags! Get your money and your permission slips in this week
- Two school trips are open to everyone – 30 seats available per trip. All grades are invited.
- April 4th, American Airlines Hangar at JFK Airport. Permission slips are available today. Completed permission slips can be returned to room 147.
- April 25th, NYPD Aviation Unit at Floyd Bennet Field. Permission slips are available today. Completed permission slips can be returned to room 147.
- Prom deposits ($75.00) are due by April 5th. Bring them to room 147
- Also, choose the Prom theme. See Instagram and Ms. Ojong’s Classroom page.
- AIRCRAFT DRAWINGS CLASS
- A NEW Aircraft Drawings Class will begin this Saturday. Register with Mr. Sosa in room 109.
- DODGEBALL GAME
- The Student vs. Faculty dodgeball game will take place tomorrow, Thursday, March 30, 2023, after 10th period in the gym. Tickets are on sale now. $3.00 to enter. See Ms. Balakatounis or Mr. Lee to purchase tickets.
**Please follow the student organization on Instagram @av_activities.
AP and Other Advanced Math Courses Application Request Form
Tutoring for Everyone!
2022-2023 Parent Association Meetings
Please join our monthly Parent Association Meetings. Below is a list of all the upcoming PA meetings throughout the year.
|Thursday- February 16, 2023 - https://youtu.be/IKn2Qd4lYQE|
|Thursday- March 16, 2023- https://youtu.be/coaWQAJuNxw|
|Thursday- April 20, 2023- Counseling in Schools|
|Thursday- May 18, 2023 - Sunnyside Community Services|
|Tuesday- June 13, 2023- Counseling in Schools|
You could join using this link below!
Join Zoom Meeting
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 936 0197 9779
COLLEGE AND CAREER UPDATES
DOE Devices for Everyone!
Do you have a DOE device that you can bring to the building? Please come to room 135 at the end of your school day to pick one up!
Instructions to (powerwash) Reset Chromebook
Click here to request a password reset.
Single Point Sign in for students: https://teachhub.schools.nyc
Click here to upload your vaccine documentation: https://vaccine.schools.nyc/
Click here for Google Classroom: http://classroom.google.com
Click here for Gmail: http://mail.google.com
NYCstudents.net Account Password Reset Options
Resetting Your Password
There are three different ways you can reset your DOE password:
1. Reset it yourself through the Student Self-Service tool.
To use the Student Self-Service(Open external link) tool you must have created a PIN or set up security questions. If you have not done either, see options 2 and 3. Through this method, you can reset your own password once every 30 days.
2. Ask your parent or guardian to reset it through NYCSA.
Your parent or guardian can reset your password in NYCSA. If they don’t have a NYCSA account, they can create one for free by clicking here.
3. Request a reset from us.
Complete this form and a staff member will email you a new password. Please be patient as this is a manual operation.
CNBC Story Features Aviation Graduates
Grading Policy 2022 - 2023
FAA Written Exam Testing Info!
Sports Calendar & Medical Form
754,000 Aviation Technician Jobs Through 2038!
The latest Boeing Pilot & Technician Outlook projects that 769,000 new maintenance technicians will be needed to fly and maintain the world fleet over the next 20 years. The forecast is inclusive of the commercial aviation, business aviation, and civil helicopter industries, and is up from last year's 20-year forecast of 754,000. Projected demand in North America is 193,000, up 2% from last year.
Aviation is Back!
Need help? Ask your counselor and READ THIS!
READ THIS FIRST! FAQ From Principal Jackson - Updated! Return to 2020 - Student and Family FAQ Updated September 30 2020.pdf
Problem with your classes? Contact your counselor! Click here to be taken to the list of counselors.
Aviation Studios - "Beat It" JFK Terminal 4 Performance!
On Saturday, December 11, 2021, Aviation High School's music club and band performed a set of holiday and pop songs in the departure area of JFK International Airport's Terminal 4! Watch their performance of Michael Jackson's "Beat It" below!
Aviation High School Online Learning Environment & Resources for Students, Parents and Staff!
Students, Parents and Staff Click (or the Above Image) Here for Resources, Tutorials, Free Microsoft 365, and More!
Check the Site Regularly for Updates!
Alumni in the News!
Alumnus, Jessica Duke, talks about her work experience at Pratt & Whitney. Click here (or the image) to read the interview!
Our School Community! Follow Us on Social Media!
NPR Profiles Aviation High School's JFK Annex!
Deep Inside New York's JFK Airport, There's A High School
"New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport is among the busiest in the country: More than 1,000 flights touch down and take off each day. More than 50 million passengers hurry through its gates each year.
But something else is happening too.
Not far from the waxed floors of the terminals and the automated voice proclaiming the end of the moving walkway, there's a school. And a classroom that has six wheels, two wings, and a tail. It is a Boeing 727, parked on the tarmac near the hangars and warehouses..."
Read the rest of the article here!
FAA Aircraft Handbooks and Manuals
use the link below to access useful Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) aircraft handbooks and manuals for your aviation maintenance courses.
NY1 Story: Annex Students Visit LaGuardia Airport
Students from our 5th Year Annex program visit LaGuardia Airport on Thursday, March 9, 2017! Watch the NY1 report on the visit!
"No student shall, on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, disability, or age be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits, or otherwise be subject to unlawful discrimination under any Career and Technical Education program or activity."
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Name: Dr. Michael Koumoullos, Assistant Principal of Pupil Personnel Services
Address: 45-30 36th Street, Long Island City, NY 11101
Telephone Number: (718) 361-2032, extension 1351
Read the Department of Education's Non-Discrimination Policy Here.
Statement on Accessibility: We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance.