Aviation High School Student Dress Code
Aviation High School's Student Dress Code
Dear Parents, Guardians, and Students,
In order to maintain a positive learning environment, it is expected that all students dress in a professional manner. We expect Aviation High School students to be dressed appropriately to ensure safety and to keep the focus on teaching and learning. We would like all parents and guardians to remind students of proper dress protocols on campus.
Prohibited forms of dress at Aviation High School include, but are not limited to:
- Clothing that does not provide coverage of torso, undergarments, and private body parts, including see-through garments of any kind.
- Clothing that contains references to drugs, alcohol, sex, violence, racism, or gang-affiliation.
- Flip-flops, sandals, Crocs, or open-toed shoes.
- Hats or caps (with the exception of headwear worn for religious observance).
- Sunglasses while indoors.
- Headphones, EarPods, etc.
If a student comes to school wearing clothing prohibited by the Dress Code, then the student’s parents will be notified, the student may be subject to the interventions and disciplinary responses set forth in the Discipline Code (found on our website, www.aviationhs.net), and the student will be expected to make appropriate adjustments to his/her clothing to conform with the Dress Code (e.g., turning shirt inside out, borrowing temporary clothing until the end of the school day, etc.).
Please contact your child’s counselor if you any questions about our dress code.