Thank You for attending our open House! - Didn't Make it? Take a tour: Register below
A big Thank You to all the families that attended our open house!
We only have one open house. However, if you missed it you can still see our school.
Use the link below to reserve your spot, for one of our guided tours!
Please review the minimum requirements to be considered for our screened school here Admissions process 2018.pdf
Parent Engagement Dates
- SATURDAY SCHOOL is in session tomorrow. Please be here at 7:20
- Club of day is KEY CLUB, a club for community service. We volunteer on the weekends and more. Our first meeting is today in room 512 during period 10. All new and returning members are welcome.
- Today is the THANKSGIVING DINNER! Come and have a good time! There will be great food, drinks music and performances. We look forward to seeing you there.
- SENIORS – Permission slips for the SENIOR TRIP for room selections and final payments are due on December 14th.
- SOPHOMORES – Summer Search applications will be due on November 30th. Any sophomore who wants an application should see Ms. Donohue in room 135A.
- The CANNED FOOD DRIVE has begun! Anyone who would like to donate please bring your donations to room 147 or the Main Office.
- On December 5th there will be a trip OPEN TO EVERYONE to VAUGHN COLLEGE for a meet and greet with the author who wrote "Fly Girls", a book about 5 daring women who defied the odds and made aviation history. It is after school. If you are interested please pick up permission slips in room 146, the Guidance office or the Main office and bring them in as soon as possible. Seats are limited. You will also meet American Airlines first women pilot - Bonnie Caputo. It will be a great night!
- The BOYS BASKETBALL TEAM STORE is now open!! That’s right! You can get your very own Aviation Basketball Hoody, T-Shirt, Shorts and much more while helping the boys fundraise for the team! The website can be found at the Aviation Website under BOYS VARSITY BASKETBALL or you can visit aviationbasketball.itemorder.com . The store closes November 25th. Orders are shipped to your house. Any questions, see Coach V. in the Physical Education Office.
- If you ever wanted to develop your acting talent or be on stage, then audition for the DRAMA CLUB which will be meeting on Wednesdays, after 10th All you need is a 1 minute monologue. Sign up in room 341 today!
November 15, 2018
9:00 AM - 1:30 PM
16 years old must have Parent Consent Form
17 & up exempt from Parent Consent
Please Sign Up early.
for more information see Ms. Aiello in room 147
2018 Silver Ranking by US News & World Report
CNN's "Great Big Story" on Aviation HS!
CNBC October 2018 Video on Aviation HS
The Benefits of Trade Schools
Free Aviation Week Student Accounts!
Students! Use your Google Classroom email account to gain free access to Aviation Week and Space Technology! Click here!
College Access Fair for African-American/Black & Latino/Hispanic Students & their Families
§ 11:00am - 12:30pm: 2 Concurrent Morning Options:o Q&A on College, Careers & More: One2One Small Group Session for African-American/Black Male High School students – Small group Q&A discussion about college choices, campus life, and careers with black college alumni, and professionals. This session is for students only. IMPORTANT NOTE: A separate registration is required for this Morning Session. The registration link for the One2One Session is here.o Preparing, Applying & Paying for College Workshop – A panel of experts will discuss preparing for college in high school; selecting and applying to colleges, and; paying for college.§ 12:30 – 2:45pm: College Access Fair with 50+ private not-for-profit colleges and universities, and“Ask the Financial Aid Experts” appointments (both English and Spanish speakers)§ 12:45 – 3:35pm: Concurrent Workshops12:45 - 1:35pm o How to Pay for College (in English)o Cómo pagar la universidad (en español)1:45 - 2:35pm o Prep for College Success (for students)o Preparing Parents for the College Process2:45 - 3:35pm o Student Perspective: Why Private College Was the Right Choiceo The College Process for Immigrant StudentsCollege Office
Lincoln UniversityCollege Office
Open House Make Up RSVP Required - 3:00 PM
You must RSVP on Home Page or call 718-361-2032 Ext 1352Aviation High School - Long Island City, New York
Thanksgiving Recess - School is ClosedAviation High School - Long Island City, New York
Macaulay Honors Meeting
Only students who have applied will be allowed in the meetingCollege Office
NYPD's Aviation High School Toolbox Award
NY1 Story: Annex Students Visit LaGuardia Airport
Students from our 5th Year Annex program visit LaGuardia Airport on Thursday, March 9, 2017! Watch the NY1 report on the visit!
Guidance | See your School Counselor Below:
Office Suite 135
Phone >> 718-361-2032 Ext. 1351
9th Grade: Ms. Diaz
10th Grade: Ms. Donohue
11th Grade: Ms. Gutierrez
12th Grade: Ms. Ojong
SWD all Grades: Ms. Alba
CNBC Story Features Aviation Graduates
Freshmen are scheduled for one of two sessions for the remainder of the year:
- Periods 1-9 (8:00 am - 3:27 pm)
- Periods 2–10 (8:59 am - 4:15 pm)
- Plus 45 minutes once a week for science lab
Our School Community!
Aviation HS Students Compete at National Event! (2018)
Employment Opportunities for Students/Graduates
We have employment opportunities with Pratt & Whitney
The Starting hourly rate is $ 31.70
Please submit your resumes to Mr. Cotumaccio in Room 113
*Power Plant Certification a must*
Aviation HS Sports Calendar
FAA Aircraft Handbooks and Manuals
use the link below to access useful Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) aircraft handbooks and manuals for your aviation maintenance courses.
NPR Profiles Aviation High School's JFK Annex!
Deep Inside New York's JFK Airport, There's A High School
"New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport is among the busiest in the country: More than 1,000 flights touch down and take off each day. More than 50 million passengers hurry through its gates each year.
But something else is happening too.
Not far from the waxed floors of the terminals and the automated voice proclaiming the end of the moving walkway, there's a school. And a classroom that has six wheels, two wings, and a tail. It is a Boeing 727, parked on the tarmac near the hangars and warehouses..."
Read the rest of the article here!
Donate to Quantum Samurai
Aviation High School Attracts Global Interest!
American Airlines Celebrates Aviation High School Grad!
Career Opportunities With Panasonic
Panasonic is looking for Airframe or Airframe and Powerplant technicians in the following locations:
Los Angeles (LAX)
San Francisco (SFO)
* Relocation is necessary* for more information please contact Mr. Eric Engel. Email: Eric.firstname.lastname@example.org
Alumni in the News!
Alumnus, Jessica Duke, talks about her work experience at Pratt & Whitney. Click here (or the image) to read the interview!
"No student shall, on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, disability, or age be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits, or otherwise be subject to unlawful discrimination under any Career and Technical Education program or activity."
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Name: Dr. Michael Koumoullos, Assistant Principal of Pupil Personnel Services
Address: 45-30 36th Street, Long Island City, NY 11101
Telephone Number: (718) 361-2032, extension 1351
Read the Department of Education's Non-Discrimination Policy Here.
Statement on Accessibility: We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact email@example.com to request assistance.