Fall Parent-Teacher Conferences!
Fall 2019 Parent-Teacher Conferences Take Place Next Week!
Thursday, October 24, 2019 - 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm
Friday, October 25, 2019 - 12:30 pm to 3:00 pm
- MUSIC CLUB will meet today after 10th period in the music room. Auditions are still being held. New members are welcome. Any questions? Contact Mr. Henriquez, President Joshua Pathiranage, or Vice President Jacob Alcantara.
- GAME DEVELOPMENT CLUB will meet today in room 530 after 10th All students are welcome!
- COLLEGE APPLICATION WEEK is next week. The class that has the whole class completed and has submitted their application by October 25th will get pizza for the whole class!
- JUNIORS – FIFTH YEARS - if you are interested in purchasing a ring this year, the booklets are in room 147 and in Guidance.
- PEGASUS MOVIE NIGHT will be TONIGHT, Friday, October 18th. Tickets are $3.00 now and $5.00 at the door. Tickets can be purchased from Chasisty Melo or Mr. Restrepo in B-11.
- OPEN HOUSE is tomorrow, Saturday, October 19th. All students who are volunteering should be by the hangar doors at 8:30 am ready to help!
- BREAST CANCER WALK – Help find a cure! Sunday, October 20th 2019 in Central Park. Meeting at 8:30 am 74th Street Roosevelt Ave Train Station by the escalators. Community Service Hours will be given by your clubs!
- MSA will have their first meeting on Monday, October 21st after 10t h period in room 610.
- HOOP IT UP – 3 POINT SHOOT CONTEST – Friday, October 25th after 9th period in the Gymnasium. Trophies awardee to 1st & 2nd place winners!
- SENIOR GROUP PHOTO will be taken on October 30th. You will need to have an SO card to get through the door!
- INTERESTED IN BECOMING A PILOT? Join the AIRBORNE FLYING CLUB. The club meets on Wednesday’s zero period in the hangar. All students and staff are welcome to join.
- EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES INSTAGRAM PAGE @av_activities for more information on upcoming events and activities.
- SENIOR INSTAGRAM PAGE @Avhs_sen20rs
CNBC October 2018 Video on Aviation HS
CNBC Story Features Aviation Graduates
Guidance | See your School Counselor Below:
Office Suite 135
Phone >> 718-361-2032 Ext. 1351
9th Grade & 5th Year: Ms. Ojong
10th Grade: Ms. Diaz
11th Grade: Ms. Donohue
12th Grade: Ms. Gutierrez
SWD all Grades: Ms. Alba
754,000 Aviation Technician Jobs Through 2038!
The latest Boeing Pilot & Technician Outlook projects that 769,000 new maintenance technicians will be needed to fly and maintain the world fleet over the next 20 years. The forecast is inclusive of the commercial aviation, business aviation, and civil helicopter industries, and is up from last year's 20-year forecast of 754,000. Projected demand in North America is 193,000, up 2% from last year.
2018 Silver Ranking by US News & World Report
Welcome all prospective students to our Open House!Aviation High School - Long Island City, New York
Saturday School - 7:30 am - 11:30 amAviation High School - Long Island City, New York
The Big Apple College Fair
Great College Fair at Jacob Javit Center 1-4 pmCollege Office
PM School - 4:20 pm - 5:45 pmAviation High School - Long Island City, New York
Princeton UniversityCollege Office
NY1 Story: Annex Students Visit LaGuardia Airport
Students from our 5th Year Annex program visit LaGuardia Airport on Thursday, March 9, 2017! Watch the NY1 report on the visit!
Our School Community!
NPR Profiles Aviation High School's JFK Annex!
Deep Inside New York's JFK Airport, There's A High School
"New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport is among the busiest in the country: More than 1,000 flights touch down and take off each day. More than 50 million passengers hurry through its gates each year.
But something else is happening too.
Not far from the waxed floors of the terminals and the automated voice proclaiming the end of the moving walkway, there's a school. And a classroom that has six wheels, two wings, and a tail. It is a Boeing 727, parked on the tarmac near the hangars and warehouses..."
Read the rest of the article here!
FAA Aircraft Handbooks and Manuals
use the link below to access useful Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) aircraft handbooks and manuals for your aviation maintenance courses.
Donate to Quantum Samurai
Freshmen are scheduled for one of two sessions for the remainder of the year:
- Periods 1-9 (8:00 am - 3:27 pm)
- Periods 2–10 (8:59 am - 4:15 pm)
- Plus 45 minutes once a week for science lab
Aviation High School is a Top 100 W!se School!
Free Aviation Week Student Accounts!
Students! Use your Google Classroom email account to gain free access to Aviation Week and Space Technology! Click here!
Alumni in the News!
Alumnus, Jessica Duke, talks about her work experience at Pratt & Whitney. Click here (or the image) to read the interview!
"No student shall, on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, disability, or age be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits, or otherwise be subject to unlawful discrimination under any Career and Technical Education program or activity."
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Name: Dr. Michael Koumoullos, Assistant Principal of Pupil Personnel Services
Address: 45-30 36th Street, Long Island City, NY 11101
Telephone Number: (718) 361-2032, extension 1351
Read the Department of Education's Non-Discrimination Policy Here.
Statement on Accessibility: We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact email@example.com to request assistance.