New School's Chancellor Richard A. Carranza Visits Aviation High School on First Visit to a Queens School
Incoming Students Orientation
Congratulations for all who were accepted to Aviation! Our Freshman Orientation and Placement Exams will take place on Thursday, June 7. Time and schedule are to be determined. You will receive a mailing at home by mid-May. All forms will be placed in the admissions tab on this website.
- There will be a PHILOSOPHY CLUB meeting tomorrow.
- BOYS HANDBALL season had a great run! We can’t wait to see what the team has in store next year!
- SENIOR OR 5TH YEAR STUDENTS: If Ms. DiGiorgio gave you a transcript request form to be mailed, you must return the form to her ASAP.
- ATTENTION JUNIORS! If you want a fee waiver for the College Board SAT, you need to go to the College Office, room 230, to pick up a fee waiver.
- For all students going on the SIX FLAGS TRIP, the trip has been postponed until June 9th. Come to room 147 for new permission slips.
- FRESHMAN ORIENTATION is June 7th, 11am – 2pm. Come to room 147 to sign up.
- This Wednesday, May 23rd, there will be a staff vs. teacher volleyball tournament in the gymnasium after 10th Doors will open at 4:15pm. First come, first served. Spectators must have an S.O. card.
- Patrol Borough Queens North invites you to join us for our 2nd annual 5K WALK/RUN FOR WELLNESS. This event is FREE and open to all! Free kids entertainment! Free refreshments! Free raffle and giveaways! Free parking!
- Saturday June 2, 2018
- Start and End at the foot of Meadow Lake Bridge inside Flushing Meadows-Corona Park
- Registration 9:00am
- Race Start Time 10:00am
- Follow PBQN Twitter for race and registration updates @NYPDQueensNorth or contact any PBQN Community Affairs Officer at 104, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 114, 115 Precincts.
- SEE LEVEL 3 AT THE MAIN DESK TO SIGN UP
CNN's "Great Big Story" on Aviation HS!
Senior Dues for the Graduating Class of 2018
Online via Credit Card
Dec. 11 – Mar. 16, 2018
Mar. 17 – May 4, 2018
Parent Trip to Vaughn College of Aeronautics and Technology
Parents and Guardians of Aviation High School Students are invited on a trip to see Vaughn College.
A Yellow School bus will depart from Aviation High School at 9:30 AM on May 30, 2018.
Space is limited. RSVP with the link below
Our School Community!
2017 Silver Ranking by US News & World Report
Senior Awards Ceremony
Aviation High School - Long Island City, New York
- Monday June 18, 9:00 AM - 11:30 AM
- Mandatory Event
- Senior awards, Graduation Practice and ticket distribution ( 2 per student, no exceptions )
- Students must report directly to the Student Cafeteria at 8:30 am for initial setup.
- Parents should enter through the main entrance on 36th Street at 8:45 AM
Aviation High School Hangar
Commencement Ceremony [GRADUATION DAY]
Aviation High School - Long Island City, New York
- Thursday, Jun 21, 2018 7:45 AM - 10:30 PM
- Students must report to the school cafeteria at 7:00 PM for initial set up.
- The parents will enter at 7:00 PM
- Nobody will be allowed entrance without a printed invitation
- Due to fire safety code, every student will only be issued two invitations, without exception.
- During the ceremony stay quiet and respectful
- Use the Bathroom before the ceremony and drink water before the ceremony
- This is an important event for your families
- If the weather looks like rain, please have your families bring umbrellas
- There is no room for baby carriages and strollers in the rows of seating
- Dark blue dress pants/knee length skirt
- Aviation High School button down shirt, Aviation High School ascot ( White or Blue)
- Professional black belt, black dress socks, polished black shoes
- Ladies: Avoid high thin heels for safety purposes on the steps and stage
- Our students do not wear a cap and gown.
- BOTH THE SHIRT AND THE ASCOT MUST BE PURCHASED FROM THE SO STORE
Open House at Aviation High School
Saturday, October 27, 2018
Tours begin 9:00 AM to 10:30 AM
Our Open House is open to all! Middle school students and their families are invited to tour our school in preparation to choose a high school. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Aviation High School - Long Island City, New York
RSVP for the CTE Council + Administrators MeetingDate: May 23, 2018Venue: UFT, 19th floor, 52 Broadway, NY NYTime: 8:00 AM to 10 AM (Council Meeting);10:15 AM to noon (CTE Administrators Meeting)Aviation High School - Long Island City, New York
Memorial Day - School is ClosedAviation High School - Long Island City, New York
Spanish Language Final Part IAviation High School - Long Island City, New York
English Final Part 1Aviation High School - Long Island City, New York
Mathematics Final Part 1Aviation High School - Long Island City, New York
Freshmen are scheduled for one of two sessions for the remainder of the year:
- Periods 1-8 (8:00 am - 2:39 pm)
- Periods 2–9 (8:59 am - 3:27 pm)
- Plus 45 minutes once a week for science lab
Aviation HS Sports Calendar
Donate to Quantum Samurai
Employment Opportunities for Students/Graduates
We have employment opportunities with Pratt & Whitney
The Starting hourly rate is $ 31.70
Please submit your resumes to Mr. Cotumaccio in Room 113
*Power Plant Certification a must*
FAA Aircraft Handbooks and Manuals
use the link below to access useful Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) aircraft handbooks and manuals for your aviation maintenance courses.
NPR Profiles Aviation High School's JFK Annex!
Deep Inside New York's JFK Airport, There's A High School
"New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport is among the busiest in the country: More than 1,000 flights touch down and take off each day. More than 50 million passengers hurry through its gates each year.
But something else is happening too.
Not far from the waxed floors of the terminals and the automated voice proclaiming the end of the moving walkway, there's a school. And a classroom that has six wheels, two wings, and a tail. It is a Boeing 727, parked on the tarmac near the hangars and warehouses..."
Read the rest of the article here!
Students Visit Delta's Headquarters in Atlanta!
Students in Delta's Mentoring Program Visit Delta's Atlanta Headquarters on Tuesday, May 23, 2017
Aviation High School Attracts Global Interest!
American Airlines Celebrates Aviation High School Grad!
The Benefits of Trade Schools
Office Suite 135
Phone >> 718-361-2032 Ext. 1351
9th Grade: Ms. Donohue
10th Grade: Ms. Gutierrez
11th Grade: Ms. Ojong
12th Grade: Ms. Diaz
SWD all Grades: Ms. Alba
2010 Commencement Challenge Video
NY1 Story: Annex Students Visit LaGuardia Airport
Students from our 5th Year Annex program visit LaGuardia Airport on Thursday, March 9, 2017! Watch the NY1 report on the visit!
The JetBlue Foundation Donates 47 Microsoft Surface 3 Tablets
The JetBlue Foundation Donates 47 Microsoft Surface 3 Tablets to Aviation High School on March 8, 2017.
Alumni in the News!
Alumnus, Jessica Duke, talks about her work experience at Pratt & Whitney. Click here (or the image) to read the interview!
"No student shall, on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, disability, or age be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits, or otherwise be subject to unlawful discrimination under any Career and Technical Education program or activity."
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Name: Dr. Michael Koumoullos, Assistant Principal of Pupil Personnel Services
Address: 45-30 36th Street, Long Island City, NY 11101
Telephone Number: (718) 361-2032, extension 1351
Read the Department of Education's Non-Discrimination Policy Here.
Statement on Accessibility: We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact email@example.com to request assistance.