CNN's "Great Big Story" on Aviation HS!
Aviation High School Partners!
- SENIORS – Don’t forget to study for the pre-qualifying, which is 6 days away!
- There will be a CHRISTIAN CLUB meeting today after 10th period in room 103 near the main entrance.
- ATTENTION JUNIORS, SENIORS AND 5TH YEAR STUDENTS – Applications for Spring 2020 College Now classes are now available. Classes meet here or at LaGuardia Community College. Use the link on the Aviation HS website to apply. You can tell us your first, second and third choices. The deadline to apply online is Monday, January 20th. No paper applications will be accepted.
- REGENTS TUTORING – 0 Period this week. Room 332.
- LADDERS FOR LEADERS application deadline is January 24th.
- MUSIC CLUB is hosting a TALENT SHOW. Showcase your talent here at AV. You must audition to be in the show. Auditions will begin on January 31st in room 151. Be prepared and show your best!
- EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES INSTAGRAM PAGE @av_activities for more information on upcoming events and activities.
- SENIOR INSTAGRAM PAGE @Avhs_sen20rs
- HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!
CNBC October 2018 Video on Aviation HS
CNBC Story Features Aviation Graduates
Lockheed Martin STEM Scholarship!
"Calling all STEM Scholars!
Lockheed Martin launched a new scholarship program in 2019 to provide opportunities to students who want to build their talents and change the world!
We are continuing to award scholarships of $10,000 per student – renewable each year. The program will continue to add up to 200 new recipients each year, and will be open to individuals studying engineering or computer science that demonstrate financial need and come from underrepresented or underserved communities.
Applications for the 2020-2021 academic year open January 15, 2020 and will close March 12, 2020."
Skills USA Chapter Excellence 2019!
Guidance | See your School Counselor Below:
Office Suite 135
Phone >> 718-361-2032 Ext. 1351
9th Grade & 5th Year: Ms. Ojong
10th Grade: Ms. Diaz
11th Grade: Ms. Donohue
12th Grade: Ms. Gutierrez
SWD all Grades: Ms. Alba
754,000 Aviation Technician Jobs Through 2038!
The latest Boeing Pilot & Technician Outlook projects that 769,000 new maintenance technicians will be needed to fly and maintain the world fleet over the next 20 years. The forecast is inclusive of the commercial aviation, business aviation, and civil helicopter industries, and is up from last year's 20-year forecast of 754,000. Projected demand in North America is 193,000, up 2% from last year.
2018 Silver Ranking by US News & World Report
January Regents WeekAviation High School - Long Island City, New York
January General ExamAviation High School - Long Island City, New York
Global History and Geography Regents ExamAviation High School - Long Island City, New York
Algebra II Regents ExamAviation High School - Long Island City, New York
Earth Science Regents ExamAviation High School - Long Island City, New York
NY1 Story: Annex Students Visit LaGuardia Airport
Students from our 5th Year Annex program visit LaGuardia Airport on Thursday, March 9, 2017! Watch the NY1 report on the visit!
Our School Community! Follow Us on Social Media!
NPR Profiles Aviation High School's JFK Annex!
Deep Inside New York's JFK Airport, There's A High School
"New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport is among the busiest in the country: More than 1,000 flights touch down and take off each day. More than 50 million passengers hurry through its gates each year.
But something else is happening too.
Not far from the waxed floors of the terminals and the automated voice proclaiming the end of the moving walkway, there's a school. And a classroom that has six wheels, two wings, and a tail. It is a Boeing 727, parked on the tarmac near the hangars and warehouses..."
Read the rest of the article here!
FAA Aircraft Handbooks and Manuals
use the link below to access useful Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) aircraft handbooks and manuals for your aviation maintenance courses.
Donate to Quantum Samurai
Freshmen are scheduled for one of two sessions for the remainder of the year:
- Periods 1-9 (8:00 am - 3:27 pm)
- Periods 2–10 (8:59 am - 4:15 pm)
- Plus 45 minutes once a week for science lab
Aviation High School is a Top 100 W!se School!
Free Aviation Week Student Accounts!
Students! Use your Google Classroom email account to gain free access to Aviation Week and Space Technology! Click here!
Alumni in the News!
Alumnus, Jessica Duke, talks about her work experience at Pratt & Whitney. Click here (or the image) to read the interview!
"No student shall, on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, disability, or age be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits, or otherwise be subject to unlawful discrimination under any Career and Technical Education program or activity."
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Name: Dr. Michael Koumoullos, Assistant Principal of Pupil Personnel Services
Address: 45-30 36th Street, Long Island City, NY 11101
Telephone Number: (718) 361-2032, extension 1351
Read the Department of Education's Non-Discrimination Policy Here.
Statement on Accessibility: We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact email@example.com to request assistance.