- SKILLSUSA – Remember to bring in cans for the CANNED FOOD DRIVE and toys for TOYS FOR TOTS. If you have any questions, contact SkillsUSA leadership: President Yoselin Onofre or Vice President Evanthia Soldatos.
- NHS MEMBERS – Make sure that you see Ms. Mafla or Mawah today regarding the Thanksgiving dinner next week, Wednesday, November 20th. Members should bring a meal or $7.00 to attend the dinner.
- Anyone interested in joining BOYS/GIRLS INDOOR TRACK please be sure to see Mr. Browne or Mr. Schoenhardt by next week.
- SUMMER SEARCH PASSES can be picked up during period 10 in room 135 – See Ms. Donohue.
- SKILLSUSA is hosting a TOYS-FOR TOTS COLLECTION and a CANNED FOOD DRIVE. You may drop off your toy donations in the box by the Main Entrance and cans of food to Mr. Dookie in the hangar.
- EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES INSTAGRAM PAGE @av_activities for more information on upcoming events and activities.
- SENIOR INSTAGRAM PAGE @Avhs_sen20rsa
CNBC October 2018 Video on Aviation HS
CNBC Story Features Aviation Graduates
Important Dates to Know
Guidance | See your School Counselor Below:
Office Suite 135
Phone >> 718-361-2032 Ext. 1351
9th Grade & 5th Year: Ms. Ojong
10th Grade: Ms. Diaz
11th Grade: Ms. Donohue
12th Grade: Ms. Gutierrez
SWD all Grades: Ms. Alba
754,000 Aviation Technician Jobs Through 2038!
The latest Boeing Pilot & Technician Outlook projects that 769,000 new maintenance technicians will be needed to fly and maintain the world fleet over the next 20 years. The forecast is inclusive of the commercial aviation, business aviation, and civil helicopter industries, and is up from last year's 20-year forecast of 754,000. Projected demand in North America is 193,000, up 2% from last year.
2018 Silver Ranking by US News & World Report
Next Parent Association Meeting
Saturday School - 7:30 am - 11:30 amAviation High School - Long Island City, New York
SHSAT AdministrationAviation High School - Long Island City, New York
NYIT Admission Day
Students need to set up appointments, see Ms DiGiorgio in the College and Career CenterCollege Office
PM School - 4:20 pm - 5:45 pmAviation High School - Long Island City, New York
Financial Information Night-All welcome
Speakers will be in Spanish and EnglishCollege Office
NY1 Story: Annex Students Visit LaGuardia Airport
Students from our 5th Year Annex program visit LaGuardia Airport on Thursday, March 9, 2017! Watch the NY1 report on the visit!
Our School Community!
NPR Profiles Aviation High School's JFK Annex!
Deep Inside New York's JFK Airport, There's A High School
"New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport is among the busiest in the country: More than 1,000 flights touch down and take off each day. More than 50 million passengers hurry through its gates each year.
But something else is happening too.
Not far from the waxed floors of the terminals and the automated voice proclaiming the end of the moving walkway, there's a school. And a classroom that has six wheels, two wings, and a tail. It is a Boeing 727, parked on the tarmac near the hangars and warehouses..."
Read the rest of the article here!
FAA Aircraft Handbooks and Manuals
use the link below to access useful Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) aircraft handbooks and manuals for your aviation maintenance courses.
Donate to Quantum Samurai
Freshmen are scheduled for one of two sessions for the remainder of the year:
- Periods 1-9 (8:00 am - 3:27 pm)
- Periods 2–10 (8:59 am - 4:15 pm)
- Plus 45 minutes once a week for science lab
Aviation High School is a Top 100 W!se School!
Free Aviation Week Student Accounts!
Students! Use your Google Classroom email account to gain free access to Aviation Week and Space Technology! Click here!
Alumni in the News!
Alumnus, Jessica Duke, talks about her work experience at Pratt & Whitney. Click here (or the image) to read the interview!
"No student shall, on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, disability, or age be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits, or otherwise be subject to unlawful discrimination under any Career and Technical Education program or activity."
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Name: Dr. Michael Koumoullos, Assistant Principal of Pupil Personnel Services
Address: 45-30 36th Street, Long Island City, NY 11101
Telephone Number: (718) 361-2032, extension 1351
Read the Department of Education's Non-Discrimination Policy Here.
Statement on Accessibility: We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance.