85th World Annual Fair
Seniors Only* OSHA General Industry Sign Up
- “A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself” -MEMORIAL DAY is a federal holiday in the United States for remembering and honoring people who have died while serving in the United States Armed Forces. We hope everyone has a good Memorial Day and let take this time to honor all those who have fallen.
- Charles Edward Taylor (born May 24, 1868 – died January 30, 1956) was an American inventor, mechanic and machinist. He built the first aircraft engine used by the Wright brothers in the Wright Flyer, and was a vital contributor of mechanical skills in the building and maintaining of early Wright engines and airplanes.
- The FAA recognizes the lifetime accomplishments of senior aviation mechanics by awarding the CHARLES TAYLOR MASTER MECHANIC AWARD to eligible recipients, including members of our alumni and staff. The Charles Taylor Master Mechanic Award board by room 138 honors the members of our community who received this award. Will your name be added to the board one day?
- There is NO SATURDAY SCHOOL this week!
- Ms. Nearon’s SATURDAY REGENTS PHYSICS PREP CLASS will NOT meet this Saturday. Class will resume on Saturday, June 1st.
- ATTENTION ALL STUDENTS TAKING THE EARTH SCIENCE REGENTS this June. The Earth Science Lab Practical will begin this coming Tuesday, May 28th, during your regularly scheduled lab period. Students entitled to extended time MUST take the exam on June 3rd and will be receiving an invitation today in their science class.
- SCIENCE LEADERSHIP will NOT be meeting this week. Any inducted Science Leadership Institute member wishing to run for office must be prepared to make a speech at next week’s meeting.
- ATTENTION ALL SMASH ULTIMATE PLAYERS – Game Development would like to invite you to join their 2nd SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE TOURNAMENT TODAY, on the 5th floor after 10th period. Look for club members during your lunch periods to pre-register for $3.00 or pay $4.00 at the door. We hope to see you there!
- TO ALL FACULTY, STAFF AND STUDENTS - Don’t miss the momentous 85th ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION OF AVIATION’S OWN COLOR GUARD DRILL TEAM BANQUET! It takes place on Monday, June 3rd from 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm at the newly renovated WORLD’S FAIR MARINA (across from Citi Field) facing the lovely Manhattan skyline. Food, drinks and music will be provided. We encourage you to get the word out to all alumni. Only $55.00 (paid at the S.O. Store) or see Mr. Gonzalez (room 510) or Mr. Sosa (room 109). See you there!
- ATTENTION JUNIORS – REGENTS TUTORING will be available on the following Saturdays: June 1st and June 8th from 8:30 am – 11:30 am in room 335.
- As the weather gets warmer, hydration is very important. But again, plastic pollution is a problem so bring your FILLED, REUSABLE WATER BOTTLES and stay hydrated.
- Be sure to check the INSTAGRAM PAGE @av_activites for more information on upcoming events and activities.
Breakfast With The Principal
Next Parent Association Meeting
CNN's "Great Big Story" on Aviation HS!
CNBC October 2018 Video on Aviation HS
"Take Your Parent to School Day" - RSVP Only
Saturday, May 11, 2019
8:45 am to 11:30 am
Location: Aviation High School
Parent-Child Activities (45 min each class rotation) Navigation light circuit building (45 min) Sheetmetal wing(60 min)
Please use the link below to RSVP. You must RSVP for this event to insure materials are available for all participants.
* Open to current Aviation High School Student's and their parent(s)/Guardian(s) only*
2018 Silver Ranking by US News & World Report
Memorial Day - School is ClosedAviation High School - Long Island City, New York
Saturday SchoolAviation High School - Long Island City, New York
Regents Global History Exam Only - No Classes in SessionAviation High School - Long Island City, New York
Eid al-Fitr - School is ClosedAviation High School - Long Island City, New York
Senior PromAviation High School - Long Island City, New York
NY1 Story: Annex Students Visit LaGuardia Airport
Students from our 5th Year Annex program visit LaGuardia Airport on Thursday, March 9, 2017! Watch the NY1 report on the visit!
Guidance | See your School Counselor Below:
Office Suite 135
Phone >> 718-361-2032 Ext. 1351
9th Grade: Ms. Diaz
10th Grade: Ms. Donohue
11th Grade: Ms. Gutierrez
12th Grade: Ms. Ojong
SWD all Grades: Ms. Alba
CNBC Story Features Aviation Graduates
Freshmen are scheduled for one of two sessions for the remainder of the year:
- Periods 1-9 (8:00 am - 3:27 pm)
- Periods 2–10 (8:59 am - 4:15 pm)
- Plus 45 minutes once a week for science lab
Aviation HS Color Guard Drill Team 85th Anniversary Banquet
Important Dates for Parents
Aviation High School is a Top 100 W!se School!
Our School Community!
NPR Profiles Aviation High School's JFK Annex!
Deep Inside New York's JFK Airport, There's A High School
"New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport is among the busiest in the country: More than 1,000 flights touch down and take off each day. More than 50 million passengers hurry through its gates each year.
But something else is happening too.
Not far from the waxed floors of the terminals and the automated voice proclaiming the end of the moving walkway, there's a school. And a classroom that has six wheels, two wings, and a tail. It is a Boeing 727, parked on the tarmac near the hangars and warehouses..."
Read the rest of the article here!
FAA Aircraft Handbooks and Manuals
use the link below to access useful Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) aircraft handbooks and manuals for your aviation maintenance courses.
Donate to Quantum Samurai
American Airlines Celebrates Aviation High School Grad!
Career Opportunities With Panasonic
Panasonic is looking for Airframe or Airframe and Powerplant technicians in the following locations:
Los Angeles (LAX)
San Francisco (SFO)
* Relocation is necessary* for more information please contact Mr. Eric Engel. Email: Eric.firstname.lastname@example.org
Free Aviation Week Student Accounts!
Students! Use your Google Classroom email account to gain free access to Aviation Week and Space Technology! Click here!
Alumni in the News!
Alumnus, Jessica Duke, talks about her work experience at Pratt & Whitney. Click here (or the image) to read the interview!
"No student shall, on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, disability, or age be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits, or otherwise be subject to unlawful discrimination under any Career and Technical Education program or activity."
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Name: Dr. Michael Koumoullos, Assistant Principal of Pupil Personnel Services
Address: 45-30 36th Street, Long Island City, NY 11101
Telephone Number: (718) 361-2032, extension 1351
Read the Department of Education's Non-Discrimination Policy Here.
Statement on Accessibility: We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact email@example.com to request assistance.