Register for August 2019 Regents Exam
Please use this form to register for a Regents Exam in August. If are are registered to take a class ending in a Regents Exam during the summer, you DO NOT NEED TO REGISTER ONLINE. Please read the instructions on the form carefully to ensure you are eligible to take the Regents you wish to register for. Click here to be taken to the form.
New Students: Did You Miss our Freshman Orientation?
Email our Parent Coordinator, Ms. Rodriguez, to schedule a time and date to take the placement exams over the summer at email@example.com or at 718-361-2032 ext. 1352.
- ALL ACCEPTED AP STUDENTS must report to room 631 at 4:15 today for a short meeting.
- Students accepted to AP CALUCLUS AB or AP STATISTICS please pick up your summer packets from Mr. Argudo, Ms. Garcia or Mr. Lim throughout the day.
- Students who did not receive a letter indicating whether or not they were accepted into an ADVANCED PLACEMENT CLASS for science should check the wall outside of room 629. Initial meetings with teachers for advanced placement science will be Monday-June 17, 2019.
- All accepted ADVANCED LANGUAGE AND COMPOSITION STUDENTS, there will be a brief, mandatory meeting in room 332 at 3:30 pm today. Those who did not attend Monday’s meeting must attend today.
- Don’t forget to purchase your SENIOR GRADUATION SHIRTS, ASCOTS AND PATCHES in the SO store either today or Monday for graduation.
- If you cannot attend the SENIOR YEARBOOK DISTRIBUTION, you can pick up your yearbook tomorrow in room from Ms. Novak in room 144.
- The SENIOR AWARDS CEREMONY is Friday, June 21st from 9:00 to 11:00 AM.
- SENIOR students who have not yet paid SENIOR DUES can pay cash or check to Ms. Novak in room 144 today.
- SENIORS & 5TH YEAR STUDENTS - Don’t forget to continue studying for the written!
- SENIORS – Be sure to check the INSTAGRAM page for updates!
- SENIORS – If you submitted any BABY PICTURES, please pick them up from room 145 during periods 6, 7 & 8.
- As the weather gets warmer, hydration is very important. But again, plastic pollution is a problem so bring your FILLED, REUSABLE WATER BOTTLES and stay hydrated.
- All students should be sure to check the INSTAGRAM PAGE @av_activites for more information on upcoming events and activities.
Seniors Only* OSHA General Industry Sign Up
Skills USA Chapter Excellence 2019!
CNBC October 2018 Video on Aviation HS
Summer Bridge Program For Invited Students Only*
If You received an invitation to be part of our Summer Bridge Program Please Register Here!
2018 Silver Ranking by US News & World Report
Regents WeekAviation High School - Long Island City, New York
End of Final 6th Marking PeriodAviation High School - Long Island City, New York
Last Day for All Students & Teachers
Students report to school at 9 am to pick up report cards, summer school schedules and diplomas, if applicable.Aviation High School - Long Island City, New York
Last Day of School for Administration, Counselors and SecretariesAviation High School - Long Island City, New York
First Day of Summer SchoolAviation High School - Long Island City, New York
NY1 Story: Annex Students Visit LaGuardia Airport
Students from our 5th Year Annex program visit LaGuardia Airport on Thursday, March 9, 2017! Watch the NY1 report on the visit!
Guidance | See your School Counselor Below:
Office Suite 135
Phone >> 718-361-2032 Ext. 1351
9th Grade: Ms. Diaz
10th Grade: Ms. Donohue
11th Grade: Ms. Gutierrez
12th Grade: Ms. Ojong
SWD all Grades: Ms. Alba
CNBC Story Features Aviation Graduates
Freshmen are scheduled for one of two sessions for the remainder of the year:
- Periods 1-9 (8:00 am - 3:27 pm)
- Periods 2–10 (8:59 am - 4:15 pm)
- Plus 45 minutes once a week for science lab
Our School Community!
NPR Profiles Aviation High School's JFK Annex!
Deep Inside New York's JFK Airport, There's A High School
"New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport is among the busiest in the country: More than 1,000 flights touch down and take off each day. More than 50 million passengers hurry through its gates each year.
But something else is happening too.
Not far from the waxed floors of the terminals and the automated voice proclaiming the end of the moving walkway, there's a school. And a classroom that has six wheels, two wings, and a tail. It is a Boeing 727, parked on the tarmac near the hangars and warehouses..."
Read the rest of the article here!
FAA Aircraft Handbooks and Manuals
use the link below to access useful Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) aircraft handbooks and manuals for your aviation maintenance courses.
Donate to Quantum Samurai
American Airlines Celebrates Aviation High School Grad!
Aviation High School is a Top 100 W!se School!
Free Aviation Week Student Accounts!
Students! Use your Google Classroom email account to gain free access to Aviation Week and Space Technology! Click here!
Alumni in the News!
Alumnus, Jessica Duke, talks about her work experience at Pratt & Whitney. Click here (or the image) to read the interview!
"No student shall, on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, disability, or age be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits, or otherwise be subject to unlawful discrimination under any Career and Technical Education program or activity."
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Name: Dr. Michael Koumoullos, Assistant Principal of Pupil Personnel Services
Address: 45-30 36th Street, Long Island City, NY 11101
Telephone Number: (718) 361-2032, extension 1351
Read the Department of Education's Non-Discrimination Policy Here.
Statement on Accessibility: We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance.