Thank You for attending our open House!
A big Thank You to all the families that attended our open house!
We only have one open house. However, if you missed it you can still see our school.
Use the link below to reserve your spot, for one of our guided tours!
Please review the minimum requirements to be considered for our screened school here Admissions process 2018.pdf
November 15, 2018
9:00 AM - 1:30 PM
16 years old must have Parent Consent Form
17 & up exempt from Parent Consent
Please Sign Up early.
for more information see Ms. Aiello in room 147
- On Friday November the 16th, the PEGASUS Honor Society and Aviation High School COLOR GUARD DRILL TEAM are hosting a Thanksgiving dinner. Tickets will be sold throughout the day for $5.00. See the Color Guard Drill Team Commander Marwan or Pegasus President Nicole Jara for tickets or see Mr. Restrepo in B11 periods 5-8. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you there.
- On December 5th there will be a trip to VAUGHN COLLEGE for a meet and greet with the author of "Fly Girls", a book about 5 daring women who defied the odds and made aviation history. The trip will be after school. If you are interested please see Ms. Aiello immediately for a permission slip. Seats are limited. You will also meet American Airlines first woman pilot - Bonnie Caputo. It will be a great night!
- The CANNED FOOD DRIVE has begun! Anyone who would like to donate please bring your donations to room 147 or the Main Office. Attention Teachers: letters have been given out regarding the canned food drive competition, the winner of which will receive pizza party. Make sure to donate!
- Are you 16 or older? The BLOOD DRIVE is November 15th. Please sign up in room 147 as soon as possible. Give blood and save a life.
- ATTENTION ALL STUDENTS PARTICIPATING IN JETBLUE / PENCIL PARTNERSHIP – You must see Ms. DiGiorgio!! Some students have not seen her as of yesterday.
- STONY BROOK UNIVERSITY will be in the College Office during 5th period tomorrow.
- Attention students interested in GIRLS INDOOR TRACK. Come today after 9th period on the second floor.
- I would like to invite students and staff to come out and support The BOYS CROSS COUNTRY team in the city finals this Saturday November 10th at Van Cortlandt Park at 10:30am. Last time the team was in the finals was 1983, 35 years ago. Good Luck Boy!!! It’s free you just have to show up.
- CONGRATULATIONS TO THE BOWLING TEAM on a successful season! The team lost to a quality Brooklyn Tech in the 2nd round of the playoffs. We also received notice that Nicholas Hionas has placed top 7 bowlers in Queens and will represent Aviation HS in the City Championships on November 20th. GOOD LUCK NICK!!
- COMPUTER CLUB will be meeting today in the computer room after 10th New members are welcome!
- AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL will be meeting tomorrow, Zero period in Room 235. New members are welcome!
- DANCE CLUB will be meeting today after 10th period in the teacher's cafeteria.
- SCIENCE LEADERSHIP is have a meeting today. Another meeting for another challenge. The event this time is called Platform Power. Those interested please come to the cafeteria meeting after 10th period today. Hope to see you there!
- WEIGHT TRAINING CLUB is cancelled for today. Club activities will resume on Tuesday, November 13th.
CNN's "Great Big Story" on Aviation HS!
CNBC October 2018 Video on Aviation HS
The Benefits of Trade Schools
Free Aviation Week Student Accounts!
Students! Use your Google Classroom email account to gain free access to Aviation Week and Space Technology! Click here!
Second Split Classes BeginAviation High School - Long Island City, New York
Pace UniversityCollege Office
College Application Night
College Office will be open from 3:00 PM- 6:00 PM for those who need some assistance with their college application.Aviation High School - Long Island City, New York
Know Your Rights Workshop with Make The Road New York
Know Your Rights Workshop with Make The Road New YorkAviation High School - Long Island City, New York
Open House Make Up - RSVP Required 4:30 PM
You must RSVP on Home Page or call 718-361-2032 Ext 1352Aviation High School - Long Island City, New York
NYPD's Aviation High School Toolbox Award
NY1 Story: Annex Students Visit LaGuardia Airport
Students from our 5th Year Annex program visit LaGuardia Airport on Thursday, March 9, 2017! Watch the NY1 report on the visit!
2018 Silver Ranking by US News & World Report
Guidance | See your School Counselor Below:
Office Suite 135
Phone >> 718-361-2032 Ext. 1351
9th Grade: Ms. Diaz
10th Grade: Ms. Donohue
11th Grade: Ms. Gutierrez
12th Grade: Ms. Ojong
SWD all Grades: Ms. Alba
CNBC Story Features Aviation Graduates
Freshmen are scheduled for one of two sessions for the remainder of the year:
- Periods 1-9 (8:00 am - 3:27 pm)
- Periods 2–10 (8:59 am - 4:15 pm)
- Plus 45 minutes once a week for science lab
Our School Community!
Aviation HS Students Compete at National Event! (2018)
Employment Opportunities for Students/Graduates
We have employment opportunities with Pratt & Whitney
The Starting hourly rate is $ 31.70
Please submit your resumes to Mr. Cotumaccio in Room 113
*Power Plant Certification a must*
Aviation HS Sports Calendar
FAA Aircraft Handbooks and Manuals
use the link below to access useful Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) aircraft handbooks and manuals for your aviation maintenance courses.
NPR Profiles Aviation High School's JFK Annex!
Deep Inside New York's JFK Airport, There's A High School
"New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport is among the busiest in the country: More than 1,000 flights touch down and take off each day. More than 50 million passengers hurry through its gates each year.
But something else is happening too.
Not far from the waxed floors of the terminals and the automated voice proclaiming the end of the moving walkway, there's a school. And a classroom that has six wheels, two wings, and a tail. It is a Boeing 727, parked on the tarmac near the hangars and warehouses..."
Read the rest of the article here!
Donate to Quantum Samurai
Aviation High School Attracts Global Interest!
American Airlines Celebrates Aviation High School Grad!
Career Opportunities With Panasonic
Panasonic is looking for Airframe or Airframe and Powerplant technicians in the following locations:
Los Angeles (LAX)
San Francisco (SFO)
* Relocation is necessary* for more information please contact Mr. Eric Engel. Email: Eric.email@example.com
Alumni in the News!
Alumnus, Jessica Duke, talks about her work experience at Pratt & Whitney. Click here (or the image) to read the interview!
"No student shall, on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, disability, or age be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits, or otherwise be subject to unlawful discrimination under any Career and Technical Education program or activity."
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Name: Dr. Michael Koumoullos, Assistant Principal of Pupil Personnel Services
Address: 45-30 36th Street, Long Island City, NY 11101
Telephone Number: (718) 361-2032, extension 1351
Read the Department of Education's Non-Discrimination Policy Here.
Statement on Accessibility: We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance.