New School's Chancellor Richard A. Carranza Visits Aviation High School on First Visit to a Queens School
Happy Eid Al Fitr!
10:00 AM - Make Up Date for Missed Freshman Orientation
Congratulations for all who were accepted to Aviation! Our Make Up Freshman Orientation and Placement Exams will take place on Friday, June 22. Please arrive at 10 am and enter directly into the student cafeteria on 35th Street.
- ATTENTION AP STUDENTS:
- If you were accepted into the AP WORLD HISTORY course for next year, you must see Mr. long in room 338 during period 4 to receive the book and summer assignment.
- If you were accepted into the AP ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND COMPOSITION course for next year, you must see Ms. Langenberg today in the Auditorium during period 9, period 10 or afterward for a quick meeting.
- IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS – Please see Mr. Foley in room 226.
- THANK YOU TO THE AHS COLOR GUARD DRILL TEAM for representing Aviation High School in the national Puerto Rican Day Parade.
- There will be a PHILOSOPHY CLUB meeting today.
- If anyone is interested in joining CROSS COUNTRY for next year, there will be a meeting today after 10th period in room 110.
August Regents Registration
Career Opportunities With Panasonic
Panasonic is looking for Airframe or Airframe and Powerplant technicians in the following locations:
Los Angeles (LAX)
San Francisco (SFO)
* Relocation is necessary* for more information please contact Mr. Eric Engel. Email: Eric.firstname.lastname@example.org
Our School Community!
2018 Silver Ranking by US News & World Report
Office Suite 135
Phone >> 718-361-2032 Ext. 1351
9th Grade: Ms. Donohue
10th Grade: Ms. Gutierrez
11th Grade: Ms. Ojong
12th Grade: Ms. Diaz
SWD all Grades: Ms. Alba
CNN's "Great Big Story" on Aviation HS!
Aviation High School Hangar
Commencement Ceremony [GRADUATION DAY]
Aviation High School - Long Island City, New York
- Thursday, Jun 21, 2018 7:45 PM - 10:30 PM
- Students must report to the school cafeteria at 7:00 PM for initial set up.
- The parents will enter at 7:00 PM
- Nobody will be allowed entrance without a printed invitation
- Due to fire safety code, every student will only be issued two invitations, without exception.
- During the ceremony stay quiet and respectful
- Use the Bathroom before the ceremony and drink water before the ceremony
- This is an important event for your families
- If the weather looks like rain, please have your families bring umbrellas
- There is no room for baby carriages and strollers in the rows of seating
- Dark blue dress pants/knee length skirt
- Aviation High School button down shirt, Aviation High School ascot ( White or Blue)
- Professional black belt, black dress socks, polished black shoes
- Ladies: Avoid high thin heels for safety purposes on the steps and stage
- Our students do not wear a cap and gown.
- BOTH THE SHIRT AND THE ASCOT MUST BE PURCHASED FROM THE SO STORE
10:00 AM - Make Up Date for Missed Freshman Orientation
- Math and Spanish Placement Exams
- Purchase the Freshman Packet for $57.00Aviation High School - Long Island City, New York
Open House at Aviation High School
Saturday, October 27, 2018
Tours begin 9:00 AM to 10:30 AM
Our Open House is open to all! Middle school students and their families are invited to tour our school in preparation to choose a high school. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.Aviation High School - Long Island City, New York
June Regents Testing - No Classes are in SessionAviation High School - Long Island City, New York
Full Day of InstructionAviation High School - Long Island City, New York
End of 6th (Final) Marking PeriodAviation High School - Long Island City, New York
Last Day for Teachers and School AidesAviation High School - Long Island City, New York
Last Day of Classes
All Students Report to 3rd Period ClassesAviation High School - Long Island City, New York
Aviation HS Sports Calendar
Aviation HS Students Compete at National Event! (2018)
Employment Opportunities for Students/Graduates
We have employment opportunities with Pratt & Whitney
The Starting hourly rate is $ 31.70
Please submit your resumes to Mr. Cotumaccio in Room 113
*Power Plant Certification a must*
FAA Aircraft Handbooks and Manuals
use the link below to access useful Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) aircraft handbooks and manuals for your aviation maintenance courses.
NPR Profiles Aviation High School's JFK Annex!
Deep Inside New York's JFK Airport, There's A High School
"New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport is among the busiest in the country: More than 1,000 flights touch down and take off each day. More than 50 million passengers hurry through its gates each year.
But something else is happening too.
Not far from the waxed floors of the terminals and the automated voice proclaiming the end of the moving walkway, there's a school. And a classroom that has six wheels, two wings, and a tail. It is a Boeing 727, parked on the tarmac near the hangars and warehouses..."
Read the rest of the article here!
Donate to Quantum Samurai
Aviation High School Attracts Global Interest!
American Airlines Celebrates Aviation High School Grad!
Freshmen are scheduled for one of two sessions for the remainder of the year:
- Periods 1-8 (8:00 am - 2:39 pm)
- Periods 2–9 (8:59 am - 3:27 pm)
- Plus 45 minutes once a week for science lab
The Benefits of Trade Schools
Senior Dues for the Graduating Class of 2018
Online via Credit Card
Dec. 11 – Mar. 16, 2018
Mar. 17 – May 4, 2018
2010 Commencement Challenge Video
NY1 Story: Annex Students Visit LaGuardia Airport
Students from our 5th Year Annex program visit LaGuardia Airport on Thursday, March 9, 2017! Watch the NY1 report on the visit!
The JetBlue Foundation Donates 47 Microsoft Surface 3 Tablets
The JetBlue Foundation Donates 47 Microsoft Surface 3 Tablets to Aviation High School on March 8, 2017.
Alumni in the News!
Alumnus, Jessica Duke, talks about her work experience at Pratt & Whitney. Click here (or the image) to read the interview!
"No student shall, on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, disability, or age be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits, or otherwise be subject to unlawful discrimination under any Career and Technical Education program or activity."
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Name: Dr. Michael Koumoullos, Assistant Principal of Pupil Personnel Services
Address: 45-30 36th Street, Long Island City, NY 11101
Telephone Number: (718) 361-2032, extension 1351
Read the Department of Education's Non-Discrimination Policy Here.
Statement on Accessibility: We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance.