504 Accommodations information for school year 2020-21
Dear Parent or Guardian:
Your child may be able to receive health services or accommodations in school under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. These services allow students with special health needs to fully participate in school. For example, students with a medical condition may be given medicine at school. Students who have trouble seeing or hearing might be seated close to the blackboard.
How to find out if your child qualifies for services or accommodations:
- Contact either:
- Your school nurse or 504 Coordinator will explain how to apply for services for your child.
- After you apply, your school will review your request for services. Your school’s 504 Team will invite you to a meeting to discuss your child’s needs. At this meeting, the Team will decide if your child will receive any services or accommodations. You will be informed of the decision within 30 days.
The attached 504 FAQ gives you more details about your child’s rights. If you have any questions, ask your school nurse or 504 Coordinator or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students With Disabilities
SPECIAL PROGRAMS FOR STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES
MANDATED SERVICES AS PER STUDENTS’ IEPs
- COUNSELING: (Individual and Group)
- SPEECH/LANGUAGE THERAPY: (Individual and Group)
- HEARING: (Individual and Group)
- OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY: (Individual)
- PARAPROFESSIONAL SERVICES: HEALTH, ALTERNATE PLACEMENT, CRISIS
- INTEGRATED CO-TEACHING (40% IEP over 60% GEN. ED.)
- RELATED SERVICE ONLY
* Students are promoted and fully integrated to Main Stream classes based on individual progress and skills acquisition with parental consent.
** Special Education 9 and 10 grade Students participate full time in the main stream CTE program.
*** Special Education students who do not have the skills to continue in the main stream CTE program are assigned to Special Education Technology classes. Here they have small group instruction and receive basic technology information and hands-on activities.
Ms. Monica Ortiz Villacrese
Assistant Principal SWD
718-361-2032 ext. 5261